So, Can You Really Sell EBooks On EBay And Make Cold Hard Cash?
Selling eBooks on eBay, and making any worthwhile profit from doing so, is becoming more and more difficult.
Gone are the days when you could sell someone else's books on eBay, and it's becoming considerably more difficult to sell ebooks that you might have written yourself or via Public Domain Publications.
Many people seem to think that ebooks should be freely available (because so many good ones are)and there are some excellent ebooks for sale on ebay but rarely do they sell for more than a few pennies.
So purchase ebooks from eBay by all means, there's just no money in trying to sell ebooks on eBay.
There's also the problem of who owns the copyright to the ebook you are trying to sell.This has become so much of a headache that eBay has come up with it's own policy to try and deal with this situation.
HERE'S AN EXCEPT FROM EBAY'S VERO POLICY.
* eBay's Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) Program
* eBay's VeRO Program was developed to facilitate cooperation between eBay and rights owners protecting their intellectual property rights.
* Highlights of the program include:
* Expeditious removal of listings reported to eBay by over 5,000 intellectual property rights owners
* Specific, detailed warnings designed to deter the listing of potentially infringing items before a listing is posted on eBay
* Voluntary daily monitoring and removal by eBay of listings offering potentially counterfeit or otherwise infringing items
* Voluntary daily monitoring and removal by eBay of listings that violate eBay policies designed to prevent the listing of infringing items on eBay
* Ability to save searches and have the results emailed to you through Favorite Searches
* Suspension of repeat offenders
* Continuing efforts to identify and prevent previously suspended users from reregistering for eBay
* Cooperation with rights owners seeking personal information on alleged infringers.
* However, because eBay is not an expert in your intellectual property rights, and cannot verify that sellers have the right to sell the millions of items they post on eBay each day, we need your help in identifying listings which do not appear on their face to infringe your rights.
To read the policy in it's entirety go to:-
KEEP IT SIMPLE AND STRAIGHTFORWARD
Now there is a way around this that is easier to achieve than most people believe.
The easiest way of making sure that you don't fall foul of eBay's VeRo Policy is:
* Create The Products Yourself
The easiest way of overcoming peoples beliefs that your ebook should be freely availablen is.
* Don't have your ebook look like an ebook!
So when is an ebook not an ebook?
When it is perceived by the visitors to your eBay Sales Page as something else.
For example, if you bundled together your ebook with a printed version of the book, and or an Audio CD or Video DVD, your product would have a much higher perceived value.
* You create a printed version of your ebook contained in a nicely printed folder.
* You take a digital photograph of the cover of your printed version, surrounded by the audio CD and or Video DVD and use this as your Gallery Picture when you start to create your purchase It Now, eBay auction page.
* You use the same picture or pictures throughout your eBay Auction sales page.
People are used to seeing software generated ebook covers on eBay but by using the above method your product will not be perceived as an ebook.
* In your sales page include the information that the entire package can be digitally downloaded by the customer if they wish.
Do this and you will be one of the very few sellers on eBay using this technique and take my word for it, this technique is very powerful indeed.
Now this might sound like a lot of work or seem over complicated, yet when you come to think of it, most PCs and Laptops come complete with hardware and software for creating Audio CDs and DVDs? and if you don't have this kind of equipment you can get it on eBay relatively cheaply.
SO HOW DO YOU DO IT?
With this technology it is fairly simple to create Audio CDs and Video DVDs.
* You could record or have somebody else record your ebook onto Audio CD or DVD and provide it as an audio product within your product bundle. Many people find it easier to learn by "listening" than by reading.
* If the subject matter of your book included information on how to use a particular type of software for example, you could use a video capture program such as "Camtasia" (http://www.techsmith.com) to capture the sequence of steps that would need to be gone through in order to use the software effectively.
* If your ebook covered a practical subject like gardening for instance you could use a Camcorder to take actual "videos" of the various aspects of gardening, copy them to DVD and make it part of your "bundle". Many people find it easier to learn by "seeing" than by reading or listening.
Remember that your product bundle can be downloaded by your customer (assuming you have set your product up this way) but don't be afraid to provide them with the printed version of your book along with the Audio and Video DVDs if that's what they prefer.
Your ebook presented in this way will represent a much higher value than the traditional way of selling ebooks on eBay and therefore you can ask a much higher price than you would otherwise.
If all this sounds a little daunting to you I suggest that you carry out some research into what you've read here.More information on how to create Books and Videos to sell on eBay can be found at the end of this article.
SO, CAN YOU REALLY SELL EBOOKS ON EBAY AND MAKE COLD HARD CASH?
Sure you can.
By following the methods described here, selling ebooks on eBay really can pay off Big Time and you wont have broken any of eBay's rules.
For more information on how to create Books and Videos to sell on eBay visit:-http://www.ebay-articles.com/Sell-Books-and-Videos-On-eBay.html
Ian D Major is the creator of http://www.eBay-Articles.com, the one stop resource for information, reports and articles that will help you use eBay to your best financial advantage.
eBay-Articles are freely available. To subscribe and get Articles, Reports and Bonuses delivered to your inbox weekly, just visit: http://www.ebay-articles.com
CopyRight 2005 Ian D.Major
Idaho auctions off cabin site that contains remains of five ancestors of cabin ... - The Spokesman Review (blog)
Online Auctions: 10 Secrets You Should Know Before Bidding At An Online Auction
You may have heard about ebay and other online auctions.You may have participated in some of the biddings.
Five Ways To Detect Shill Bidders On eBay So That You Dont Pay Absurd Prices
There is as a lot of buzz about shill bidders on the eBay forums. But in actuality, shrill bidding isn't that common and is rather easily detected.
12 Tips To Make Your eBay Business More Profitable
Sometimes it's the simple things that can make your eBay business more profitable and run smoother. Here are twelve things you can do that will lead to more sales and increased profits on eBay.
Start Selling On eBay - Getting Started On The Right Foot
You've started your own eBay business and, even though it's part time right now, you know it's going to become a huge success. You are able to see the day when you can set your own hours, set your own dress code and call your own shots.
Game Theory, Nobel Prize, & Auctions - Auction Primer Series - Part 1
William Vickrey, highly regarded as the founder of auction theory, was an economics professor at Columbia University when he published two papers outlining his views on auctions:"Counterspeculation, Auctions, and Competitive Sealed Tenders", 1961, Journal of Finance"Auction and Bidding Games", 1962, Recent Advances in Game TheoryIn 1996 he received a Nobel Prize "for fundamental contributions to the economic theory of incentives under asymmetric information." It's important to understand that asymmetric information is an essential component of auctions, where potential buyers have varying levels of knowledge about the value of the item.
How Professional Ebay Auction Templates Can Boost Your Ebay Sales
Do you like to sell on eBay ? It's easy and fun, isn't it ? In fact, it's one of the easiest online business you can start almost overnight, without any major investments. That's the best thing about it.
Be Realistic When Selling on eBay
As some of you know, I spent many years buying and selling both on and offline and several of my products are based upon my own experience in this area. I know that the vast majority of my customers and subscribers have an interest in trading whether it be on eBay or at the local market but more and more I am seeing people with completely unrealistic expectations of what they will be able to do.
Fundraising Ideas Using eBay
Have you thought of using the online auction site eBay as your next major fundraiser?I have, and it was a huge success!Like many other businesses the fundraising business has seen an incredible change since the internet. Everyday there are new tools, softwares and websites that are making fundraising not only easier but a lot more fun.
eBay - Tapping Into The Japanese Collector Market
If you owned a skateboard shop in your local mall would you put a big sign in the window saying "No Baggy Pants Allowed"? Of course not. If you did you would be eliminating 50% or more of your most avid potential customers.
Four Reasons Why You Should NEVER Use Animations In Your eBay Auctions
Inexperienced auction sellers, or those lacking in confidence, often want to make their auction listings more dramatic and exciting. They dread the possibility that buyers will be bored by their auction and turn away with indifference.
5 Sure-Fire Ways to Make More Money on EBay
Have you ever dealt with a salesperson or a waiter who gave you unbelievably good service? How about someone who didn't seem to care about you one bit?Which of those people would you go back to the next time you needed to make another purchase or eat another meal?I'm willing to bet you would go back to the business or person who gave you great service. Have you ever considered that this same principle applies to your eBay sales?One of the easiest ways to get more sales on eBay is to make every buyer think "Wow, I've never had such a good experience buying on eBay!"Once someone has bought from you and had a good experience, they're much more likely to buy from you again.
12 Items You CANT Sell On EBay
Millions of would-be entrepreneurs want to sell things on ebay. eBay is the #1 home-business opportunity in the world right now, so it's natural that many are eager to find highly profitable items for re-sale on eBay.
A Picture Paints a Thousand Words and Creates Auction Euphoria on eBay
Ever since I sold my first item on ebay I have been addicted to the site and I have steadily developed it as a supplementary source of income over the last two years. As I gained experience from listing items, I rapidly became aware that the inclusion of pictures in the listings was a major selling point as buyers could literally see what they were buying and as such create a greater interest and desire within them which in turn led to greater selling prices.
Join the Home-Based Business Revolution
Greetings, Friend. So you've decided to go into business.
Your eBay Username - What Does It Say About You?
Have you tried to register a decent eBay username and been frustrated at the poor names left available? With over 125 million people using eBay in 2004 it is understandable that a lot of the good ones have gone.How important is registering a good eBay username (User ID) anyway? Well that depends - you may be wanting to register a username for business use so getting the right one would be important.
Fed Up With eBay?
For many people, their first experience of working online involves selling products on eBay. This was how I got started back in 1998 and I know countless other people that have done the same.
5 Secrets To Make A Killing on EBay
Secret #1: Find a 'real' wholesale and drop ship companyDo you know what one of the biggest problem is to be successful on eBay? 'What should I sell"? I can tell you, I get many emails per day from eBay sellers, asking me what they can sell. Let me explain this more in detail.
eBay Motors : Buy or Sell a Car on eBay
Are you having trouble finding a great deal on a car in your local area? Well, join the club. Using Online Bidding at eBay Motors can be the perfect answer you've been looking for.
Start an Easy Home Business: Become an Ebay Trading Assistant
EBay's online auctions have created business opportunities for thousands of people. Now the Trading Assistant program is making it easier than ever to start a business from home.
Royal Memorabilia - An eBay Prince or Pauper?
There has always been a fascination with royalty and as a niche area for collecting and auction trading, it is still a relatively accessible market. And it can also be extremely interesting.
|Auctions home | Auctions site map|
|© 2006 - www.worldpaidshop.com|